Friday, December 2, 2011

The Love Of My Life

I always dreamed of the day I'd meet the one.
The day that my Romeo would sweep my away.
But I never thought it would actually be.
It was just a dream.
A fantasy so far off that would never come true.
I prayed that you would come.
That God would send the only one that I'd ever need.
The only one that would ever make me feel special.
So I waited.
I waited with hope.
Hope that I'd be given the gift to love and to be loved.
And then that day in sweet November.
Oh, that day I'll never forget.
It was when all my hopes, dreams, and prayers came true.
The day when you left your guys to be with me.
Why me? I had to ask myself.
Then I realized you were the one.
The one who would encourage me, charish me, and love me till the end.
You just can't imagine the way you make me feel.
It's a feeling I just can't explain.
The feeling I get whenever I look at you,
Hear your name, or feel the slightest touch of your hand.
I love the way you look at me, and the way you make me smile.
I especially love the way you place your hands around my waist and softly tickle until I get chills.
I just wonder if your hands could feel the butterflies I get while they were there.
And I can't forget your gentle kiss.
Your lips softly kissing my back.
I wanted that moment to last forever.
And your brown eyes.
Looking in them I get lost in my thoughts.
It all seems so perfect.
I can't wait until we finally belong to each other.
The day we both say "I do".
And the gift that we will exchange.
The gift we've saved our whole lives to give that special one.
So forever you will be my one and only.
The one and only love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment